Large Hadron Collider: Seeking the 'God particle'
by Michael G. Mickey
Playing God. It's always dangerous when man tries to do it but that will be the goal once again tomorrow when CERN's Large Hadron Collider is fired up near Geneva, Switzerland and scientists begin looking for the 'God particle' by trying to replicate a smaller version of the Big Bang.
Does this remind anyone other than me of the Tower of Babel? Although the Large Hadron Collider is underground instead of a tower, the goal is the same. This is about mankind trying to close the gap between the wisdom of God and the knowledge of man - and dramatically so.
1. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.How about Satan's fall?
2. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6. And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
Isaiah 14: 12-14:
12. How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
The sheer arrogance of the scientific community suggesting it is looking for the 'God particle' astounds me quite frankly. The secular scientific community would undoubtedly tell us there is no chance there's a God, but on the off chance there is one? They're going to figure out how He works so we can do things our way!
And then there's the question of just how small of a "Big Bang" does it take to unleash cosmic forces we know nothing about and potentially have no way to quash or reverse whatsoever? Playing with fire? Yeah, I think we are, but who knows? Something of interest to those of us watching for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy may come about as a result of the activation of the Large Hadron Collider or absolutely nothing. From what I understand, nothing dramatic should be expected to occur or be discovered right away as it will take a number of days for the gigantic gizmo that looks like something straight off of a Star Trek movie set to get up to speed to do whatever it is it's ultimately going to. Time will tell as it is said.
The Official CERN video on the Large Hadron Collider:
And this? Well, this is what people fear could happen!
Related news stories:
Fear Looms Over Scientist's Experiment to Uncover Secrets of 'Big Bang'
Meet Evans the Atom, who will end the world on Wednesday
Renowned British Astrophysicist Stephen Hawking Bets Collider Won't Find 'God Particle'
Keep looking up!
©2008 RaptureAlert.com. All rights reserved.