Thursday, April 23, 2009

THE COST OF TRUTH

THE COST OF TRUTH

Prov 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Buying the truth: — Truth is but one, and it is in God, and of God; nay, it is God Himself.

This truth is from Him conveyed into divers manners, which are therefore termed true.

The Word is the truth, because God is the author of it; because inspired men wrote it; because Christ confirmed it; and because the Spirit of Truth interprets it.

What has it cost you to have your Bible of truth? $25, $50, $150, Free?

It cost you or someone to buy this truth and it cost men their life.

DRAW THE BIBLE

2 Tim. 2:15 tells us; Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

So if God told Paul to rightly divide the Word then we should go to Paul to see how.

God Himself made a division in Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Talk about the chart Times Past, Israel,

Circumcision/ uncircumcision, Prophecy
And the focus is on Earth

Books of Gen, Malachi, Matt. Mark, Luke, John

When I was in the religious system

NO ONE told me about this verse

Oh they told me that God was good and I was good and He was love but NOT what the verse said aliens, strangers, no hope and without God in the world.

This is not good and if that isn’t bad enough look at verse 1 through 3 of the same chapter.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins:
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Next is the Book of Acts. It is a Transitional book that takes you from Law to Grace.
Do you get your doctrine from this book NO.
But you can go there and make anything you believe come truth.

But NOW in verse 13
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

The books of Romans to Philemon are called BUT NOW.

No Difference between Circumcision/ uncircumcision, Mystery and the focus on the Heavens.

Then Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

God goes back dealing with Israel Circumcision comes back into play Eze. 44 tell us that.
The program is Prophecy and the focus again is on the Earth

So when you buy this truth it is a whole package but we know when you rightly divided it and show the proper division there are truth in them also.

Before we go to our Apostle for the Body of Christ
Let’s look briefly at a couple of bible figures that God use to bring the truth and what it cost them.

John the Baptist was sent from God
John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
John 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

Matt. 3 tells us
3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Did he have truth? Yes what did it cost him?
Matt. 14:10 He got his head cut off.

The Lord Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh. 1 Tim 3:16
And

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Did the Lord have truth? What did it cost him?
He was put on trial. Beaten, and finally nailed to the Cross.

Stephen, Acts 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost,

IN ACTS Chapter 6 Stephen was before the council and they said that We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
And in Chapter 7 he was before them and gave them the truth about their unbelief and what they should had done.
What did he get? What did it cost him?
Acts 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
He got stoned to death.

Those three men lost their life for the truth that they where holding to.

As we look at Paul. Paul as we know was saved on the road to Damascus. He was given a new message for a new dispensation for a new group of believers. That was not made known until this time.

From day one Paul preach Christ crucified and the Cross. He proclaimed the power of God and the wisdom of God in a mystery. (1 Cor. 2:5, 7)

Turn there with me
I love this Chapter
Talk about
Verse 18 of the 1st Chapter
1 Cor 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Then go to Chapter 2 verse 5- 7
1 Cor 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1 Cor 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Talk about this ole Truck driver can know the wisdom of God

Paul knew that God’s Grace was FREE but what did it cost him to give this truth out.

Turn with me to 2 Cor.1:8-11 we’ll see Paul was persecuted for standing for this Truth.

2 Cor 1:8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
2 Cor 1:9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
2 Cor 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
2 Cor 1:11 Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

2 Cor. 11:23-32
2 Cor 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2 Cor 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2 Cor 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2 Cor 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2 Cor 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
2 Cor 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Beside being beaten, left for death, dead, all the perils that come upon him, the care of the churches

I don’t know anyone one today that has been persecuted as bad as Paul had been.

But I do know a many in this day that has been lied about, cursed upon, marked among the brethren, ungodly things wrote about them.
And that hurts.

This I can say from a personal note,

Talk about some of the things that happen to your family being far from anyone after the Spirit & truth thing.

The Island in the Red Sea.

It hurts deep down inside your soul especially when they stood with you until you stood for the very thing that Paul stood for, when it comes to dispensational matters.

I hope that none of you have to go through that.

So the Cost of truth in Persecution can make you think

I know what the Acts 28ers say that
Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
That Paul fill up so that you want have affliction and persecutions

Well apparently they are blind in one eye and can see out of the other and got both ears plug up.

Ask Ray Keable is the people that call Grace School of the Bible have loving word to say.

But think on this:

2 Cor 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

And

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

AND

2 Tim 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Keep focus on the task at hand

So we seen how he was persecuted for the truth

Next he was imprisoned for preaching.

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

When I see the hostage people their hands tied & bound their Eyes cover and their mouth tape shut

And the 1st thing that comes out of their mouth when it is taking off is that they are begging for there life.

That is sad to see

Paul would speak the truth even in bonds.

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

He was in Bonds BUT the Word of God is Not bound

Back in 1 Samuel 1:10 Hannah prayed to the Lord so much that Eli marked her mouth. She spake with her heart, only her lips moved but her voice was not heard.

Acts 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation.

Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Acts 16:19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Acts 16:20 And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,

Acts 16:21 And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.

Acts 16:22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.

Acts 16:23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:

Acts 16:24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

Paul is a prisoner for this TRUTH

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 Tim 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

I don’t know many people being lock up in prison for this Truth

But DON’T let someone put a muzzle on you to try to keep you quiet.

I was in that situation and it is not a good thing.

Finally Paul dies for the truth.

2 Tim 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

2 Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

2 Tim 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Paul’s ministry was a success. He did all that was required of Him

In Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have showed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 20:22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

Acts 20:23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Acts 20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Acts 20:26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

Paul was faithful but the sad thing is that he said in
2 Tim 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me;

2 Tim 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

2 Tim 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

One day we are going to die and like Preacher Woodall, Pastor Darryl, & Brother Alain it is coming

and

these men fought the fight, finish the course and kept the faith.
And they long to see all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Paul said in Phil 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

Paul was persecuted, imprisoned and die for the truth.
He Bought the Truth and Sold it NOT

Knowing this do you thing he charge anyone for the truth?
He knew it was given to him FREE so he would not charge for it and nether should we.

The Gospel is not to be Charge. But we know that there are many of people out there that do.

You cannot turn on the Christian TV or Radio without someone having their hand out.

I have fun with these people who call and say we have this FREE trip or something like that BUT we would like for you to purchase something 1st

WELL that not FREE They get all bent out of shape.

This Gospel that was committed not only to Paul trust but to us also is to be giving out FREE.

If you take the word FREE and removed one letter like R it is no longer FREE but FEE.
And that is what happens when you charge someone for it.

That little letter “R” in free stands for, Redeem, Redemption, Renew, Reprove, Reconcile Reward, Rich, Righteous, just to name a few.

Powerful letter in a powerful word as FREE.

Do not be the ones that remove that “R” from free

1 Cor 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

1 Cor 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

1 Cor 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

2 Cor 11:6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been thoroughly made manifest among you in all things.

2 Cor 11:7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

2 Cor 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

2 Cor 11:9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.

1 Th 2:1 For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:

1 Th 2:2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.

1 Th 2:3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

1 Th 2:4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

1 Th 2:5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness:

1 Th 2:6 Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.

1 Th 2:7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:

1 Th 2:8 So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

1 Th 2:9 For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.

You get the picture the GOSPEL OF GOD has NO CHARGE CLAUS

2 Th 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

2 Th 3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

2 Th 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

2 Th 3:4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

2 Th 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

2 Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

2 Th 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

2 Th 3:8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

2 Th 3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

Paul KNEW that this Gospel was FREE to ALL and over and over he share that with us.
Un like the Gospel over in the Book of Acts they Sold all that they had (Acts 2:42-45) and when they held back well they was killed (Acts 5)

Salvation is God’s FREE gift to you and I.

Therefore we should give it out FREELY

Buy this Truth and Sell it not.

It Cost God his life and He did it Freely.

Don’t put a charge on it

There might be someone here today that has never received that Free Gift from God.
I want to borrow a verse from James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

That’s what it is.

The Gospel that Save you today is

1 Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Cor 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Cor 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

YOU TRUST THAT and HE said that

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

And YOU can’t get out of that even if you want to.
DON’T WAIT another Day.

Send mail to Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: 07/09/08
CLICK

HERE TO HEAR VITAL INFORMATION:
Glory In The Cross - Richard Jordan
Witnessing With a Watered Down Gospel

No comments: