Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Columbo is Back....
Ah . .. . Sorry to bother you Mr. Obama, Sir. . .
Excuse me Mr. Obama, I mean President Obama, Sir.
Um . . I know you're busy, and important and stuff. I
mean running the county is very important and -- ah -- I
hate to bother you Sir. I will only take a minute. Ok Sir?
See, I have these missing pieces that are holding me up,
and I was wondering Sir, if you could take time out of your busy schedule
and help me out. You know, no big deal, just some loose ends and things.
Hey, you have a nice place here! The wife sees houses like this on
TV all the time and says boy she wishes she had digs like this you know?
Is that painting real? Really? Wow. I saw something like that in a museum once!
Oh, sorry Sir. I didn't mean to get off the track. So if you could just help
me out a minute and give me some details, I will get right out of your way.
I want to close this case and maybe take the wife to Coney Island or something.
Ever been to Coney Island Sir? No? I didn't think so...
Well, listen, anyway, I can't seem to get some information I need to wrap this case up.
These things seem to either be "Not released" or "Not available."
I'm sure it's just an oversight or glitch or something, so if you could you tell me where these things are --
Let's see -- I -- I have them written down here somewhere -- oh wait. Sorry about the smears.
It was raining out. I'll just read it to you.
Could you please help me find these things Sir?
1. Occidental College records -- Not released
2. Columbia College records -- Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper -- "Not available"
4. Harvard College records -- Not released
5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
6. Medical records -- Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- Not available
8. Your Illinois State Senate records -- Not available
9. Law practice client list -- Not released
10. Certified Copy of original Birth Certificate -- Not released
11. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
12. Record of your baptism -- Not available
Oh, and one more thing Mr. President, I can't seem to find any articles you published as Editor of the
Harvard Law Review, or as a Professor at the University of Chicago. Can you explain that to me Sir?
Oh but, hey -- listen! I know you're busy!
If this is too much for you right now -- I mean -- tell you what. I'll come back tomorrow.
Give you some time to get these things together, you know? I mean, hey -- I know you're busy.
I'll just let myself out. I'll be back tomorrow. And the day after, and the day after that....
What's that Mr. President? Who wants to know these things?
We the People of the United States of America!
You know, the ones that vote.
SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS ... GET THEM THINKING!