Friday, April 9, 2010
Believe God - The Savior of All
I have heard some say when God repeats something two or three times in
Scripture, He must really mean it, and is trying to get our attention. Well.....NOW?!
Just how many times does He have to say it. God is the Savior of all men? I believe God
here. Why don't you believe His Words?
Romans 5: 6-20 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10. For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11. Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. 12. Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned-- 13. for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14. Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. 15. But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16. Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17. For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. 18. Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. 20. The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more.
Romans 11:15. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16. If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17. If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18. do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19. You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20. Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. 22. Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! 25. I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. 27. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins." 28. As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29. for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31. so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. 32. For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. 33. Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 34. "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" 35. "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" 36. For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
I Corinthians.15:20. But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23. But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
I Timothy 4:9. This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10. (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. 11. Command and teach these things.
1 John 2: 1. My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
John 12:46. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. 47. "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.
John 3: 17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 1: 28. This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing. 29. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 6:44. "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45. It is written in the Prophets: `They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
John 12:32 . But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
Isaiah 45: 21b...And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. 22. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. 23. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. 24. They will say of me, `In the LORD alone are righteousness and strength.'" All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame.
Romans 14:8. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9. For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11. It is written: "`As surely as I live,' says the Lord, `every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" 12. So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
Phillippians 2:9. Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11. and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Isaiah 66:23. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24. "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."
Lamentations 3:29. Let him bury his face in the dust-- there may yet be hope. 30. Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him, and let him be filled with disgrace. 31. For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. 32. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. 33. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.
36. to deprive a man of justice-- would not the Lord see such things? 37. Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it? 38. Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come? 39. Why should any living man complain when punished for his sins?
I Timothy 2: 3. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4. who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6. who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time.
Matthew 18: 12. "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13. And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.
ONE MORE TIME IN CASE YOU DO NOT GET IT YET:
1. 1 Timothy 2:4 God will have all to be saved
2. 1 Timothy 2:6 Salvation of all is testified in due time (All will be save in God's timing)
3. Ephesians 1:11 God works all after the counsel of His will (Who's will)
4. John 12:47 Jesus came to save all (But all won't be saved?)
5. John 4:42 Jesus is the Savior of the world (But he won't save the world?)
6. 1 John 4:14 Jesus is the Savior of the world
7. John 12:32 Jesus draws all to Himself (Greek is to DRAG)
8. Hebrews 7:25 Jesus is able to save to the uttermost
9. Colossians 1:15 Jesus is the firstborn of all creation
10. Colossians 1:16 By Him all things were created (Will Christ lose most of his most precious creation?)
11. Romans 5:15-21 In Adam all condemned, in Christ all live
12. 1 Corinthians 15:22 In Adam all die, in Christ all live
13. Ephesians 1:10 All come into Him at the fullness of times (ALL come to God in GOD'S time. Not ours!)
14. 1 Corinthians 15:26 Last enemy, death, will be destroyed Death destroyed, including the lake of fire)
15. Philippians 2:9-11 Every tongue shall confess Jesus is Lord
16. 1 Corinthians 12:3 Cannot confess except by the Holy Spirit (So much fo accepting Christ on your own!)
17. Romans 11:26 All Israel will be saved
18. Acts 3:20-21 Restitution of all (ALL??)
19. Luke 2:10 Jesus will be joy to all people
20. Ephesians 2:7 His grace shown in the ages to come
21. Hebrews 8:11-12 All will know God (KNOW God?)
22. Titus 2:11 Grace has appeared to all
23. Romans 8:19-21 Creation set at liberty
24. Colossians 1:20 All reconciled unto God (All back to God! Or back to hell?)
25. 1 Corinthians 4:5 All will have praise of God
26. James 5:11 End of the Lord is full of mercy (And hell is mercy?)
27. Revelation 15:4 All nations worship when judgments are seen
28. II Corinthians 5:17 New creation in Christ
29. Romans 11:32 All subject to unbelief, mercy on all (God will have mercy on ALL unbelievers!)
30. Romans 11:36 All out of God, through Him, and into Him
31. Ephesians 4:10 Jesus will fill all things
32. Revelation 5:13 All creation seen praising God
33. 1 Corinthians 15:28 God will be all in all (Tired of seeing ALL yet?)
34. Revelation 21:4-5 No more tears, all things made new
35. John 5:25 All dead who hear will live
36. John 5:28 All in the grave will hear and come forth
37. 1 Corinthians 3:15 All saved, so as by fire (The lake of fire is what will purify us and save us ALL!)
38. Mark 9:49 Everyone shall be salted with fire
39. Romans 11:15 Reconciliation of the world
40. II Corinthians 5:15 Jesus died for all (But Jesus won't get what he paid for??)
41. John 8:29 He always does what pleases His Father (If it pleases his father to save ALL,why are you so upset??)
42. Hebrews 1:2 He is heir of all things
43. John 3:35 All has been given into His hand
44. John 17:2 Jesus will give eternal life to all whom His Father gives to Him
45. John 13:3 The Father gave Him all things
46. I Timothy 4:9-11 Jesus is the Savior of all (NOT some!)
47. Isaiah 46:10 God will do all His pleasure
48. Daniel 4:35 God's will done in heaven and earth
49. Proverbs 16:9 Man devises, God directs his steps (So much for free will)
50. Proverbs 19:21 Man devises, but God's counsel stands
51. Psalms 33:15 God fashions all hearts (More of that ALL)
52. Deuteronomy 32:39 God kills and makes alive
53. Psalms 90:3 God turns man to destruction then says "return" (Wide is the path to destruction, but Christ came to save that which was lost!)
54. Lamentations 3:31,32God will not cast off forever (So much for eternal torment)
55. Isaiah 2:2 All nations shall flow to the Lord's house
56. Genesis 18:18 All families of earth will be blessed
57. Isaiah 45:23 All descendants of Israel justified
58. Psalms 138:4 All kings will praise God
59. Psalms 72:18 God only does wondrous things
60. Psalms 86:9 All nations will worship God
61. Psalms 65:2-4 All flesh will come to God (All flesh!! Not some)
62. Psalms 66:3-4 Enemies will submit to God
63. Isaiah 19:14-25 Egypt and Assyria will be restored
64. Ezekiel 16:55 Sodom will be restored (Sodom?)
65. Psalms 22:25-29 All will turn to the Lord and all families will worship before Him
66. Psalms 145:9-10 He is good to all and merciful to all His work (Good to all except the sinner?)
67. Psalms 145:14 God raises all who fall
68. Psalms 145:16 God satisfied the desire of the living
69. Psalms 145:10 All God's will praise Him
70. Isaiah 25:6 Lord makes feast for all people
71. Isaiah 25:7 Will destroy veil that is spread over all nations
72. Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory (And the lake of fire is forever?)
73. Jeremiah 32:35 Never entered His mind to burn people in fire (But he will do it anyways?)
74. Psalms 135:6 God does what pleases Him
75. Isaiah 26:9 The world will learn righteouness through judgment