Thursday, January 13, 2011

AUDACITY To Just Believe God


THE AUDACITY OF FAITH I love what Arthur P. Adams (1845-1925), in his book The Purposes of God, termed "the audacity of faith" - that spiritual courage to believe God regardless of the circumstances – that daring boldness to simply believe God over our emotions, over our senses, over what others might say – that plain audacity to just believe God! The audacity of faith to believe that my Father spoke the world into existence out of Himself! "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:3). The audacity of faith to believe that my Father calls those things that "aren't" as though they were! "…Even God, Who … calls those things which be not as though they were" (Romans 4:17). The audacity of faith to believe that my Father uses "nothing" to bring the things that "are" into "nothingness"! "…God [has] chosen… the things which are not, to bring to nothing things that are" (I Corinthians 1:28). The audacity of faith to believe that: - God "knows all things" (I John 3:20). - God "is perfect in knowledge" (Job 37:16). - God "declares the end from the beginning" (Isaiah 46:9-10). The audacity of faith to believe that what my Father has said about me is true! The audacity of faith to believe that: - I am "accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1:6) - I am "the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:30) - I am "chosen in Him before the disruption of the world" (Ephesians 1:4) - I am "complete in Him" (Colossians 2:10) - I am "His workmanship" (Ephesians 2:10) - I am "the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21) The audacity of faith to believe that: - God "works all things after the counsel of His own will" (Ephesians 1:11) - God works in me "both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13) - God will perform His work in me "until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6) The audacity of faith to believe that: - The trial of my faith is "much more precious than of gold" (I Peter 1:7) - My affliction works for me "a far more exceeding … weight of glory" (II Corinthians 4:17) - "That all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28) - "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13) In the context of Arthur P. Adams' usage of the audacity of faith, he says, Oh that you and I, friend reader, may be among the few who shall possess that clearness of spiritual insight, and audacity of faith, that shall enable us to "glory in tribulation," to "take pleasure in infirmities," and to "rejoice" even, on account of those things that the world would reckon among the worst calamities. "What! Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?" (Job 2:10). He is equally the Creator of both, and both shall equally "work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8: 28). The audacity to believe that God is equal to everything that we face. The audacity to believe that, "Out of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are ALL things" (Romans 11:36). The audacity of such faith! Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr. © Daily Email Goodies DAILY GOODIES – THE BOOK! 365 Daily Goodies have been put together in a book. This is a great resource for personal and family study, as well as a valuable reference volume covering many varied scriptural themes. http://studyshelf.com/dailygoodies/1747.html --------------------------- DAILY EMAIL GOODIES Receive the Daily Email Goodies by signing up at: http://dailyemailgoodies.com BOOKS BY CLYDE L. PILKINGTON, JR. http://ClydePilkington.com OUR WEEKLY PERIODICAL The Bible Student's Notebook, available in two formats: Electronic (e-mailed to you) and Printed (mailed to you). http://biblestudentsnotebook.com OUR ONLINE ARTICLES Bible Student's Notebook past articles online. http://www.pilkingtonandsons.com/Articles.htm

__._,_.___

Visit us at www.StudyShelf.com

No comments: